The summer transfer window is here, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Jules Kounde still on his way to Chelsea, despite reports that Barcelona hijacked the deal
Recent reports from Spain have speculated that Jules Kounde turned down a five-year contract with Chelsea to await a transfer to Barcelona. However, Marca reports that Sevilla have confirmed that they haven’t received an offer for the 23-year-old, and that he hasn’t yet been approached by the Catalan side.
Although Xavi Hernandez holds the centre-back in high regard, the LaLiga side are said to be discouraged by the transfer fee and currently unable to compete with the Blues financially.
A last-minute helping hand is therefore unlikely, as the France international has already reached an agreement with the Premier League side, in a deal worth £51m, including 4 million extra pounds. according to the sun.
A move to west London will make Kounde Thomas Tuchel the third major signing this summer, following the arrival of Kalidou Koulibaly and Rahim Sterling.
– Manchester United are close to making an offer for Inter Milan Denzel Dumfries after unloading Aaron Wan-Bissaka, according to Gazetta dello Sport. The 26-year-old joined the Nerazzurri last summer and he has three years left on his contract. The Serie A side have included the defender in negotiations with Chelsea for Romelu Lukaku, but the Blues rejected the wing-back as part of the loan deal. The Red Devils are reportedly looking to fund the signing of the Dutch international by selling Aaron Wan-Bissaka. Although Roma are reportedly interested in the 24-year-old defender, they have yet to make a formal offer with Crystal Palace also considering a move for the England international.
– Atletico Madrid have stepped up their quest for Cristiano Ronaldo placing Antoine Griezmann on their transfer list, reports the Times. Los Rojiblancos are reportedly looking to fund a move for the 37-year-old striker from Manchester United by offering Griezmann to potential suitors in the hope of taking the 31-year-old’s hefty salary off their payroll. The Portugal international is reportedly interested in a move to Wanda Metropolitano, who promise Champions League football next season, despite spending nine seasons with rivals Real Madrid.
– Juventus are looking to part ways Adrien Rabiot this summer, and that could involve a swap deal with PSG for Leandro Paredes, according to Tuttosport. The Bianconeri are reportedly asking for a transfer fee of between £12.7m and £17m for the 27-year-old, who is one of the highest earners in the squad. The midfielder, who has one year left on his current contract, is tipped for a move to France, with Lyon apparently the main interest. However, the France international could return to PSG after leaving on a free transfer in 2019, as the Italian side seek to acquire Paredes from the Ligue 1 champions.
– Bayern Munich have secured a £24.3m deal for the teenage Rennes striker Mathys Phone under a five-year contract, reports Sky Sports Germany. The Bundesliga champions had three offers rejected for the 17-year-old, before reaching an agreement with the Ligue 1 side. The France U17 international is expected to undergo a medical in the coming days and would join the German club when of his pre-season tour of the United States.
– Nice approached Leicester to Kasper Schmeichel after failing to secure Yann Sommer, according to L’Equipe. The 35-year-old goalkeeper is said to be interested in a move, but only if he can part ways with the Foxes amicably after 11 years. The Danish international has just one year left on his contract, as the Ligue 1 side look for a replacement Walter Benitez following his free transfer to PSV Eindhoven.