International football takes center stage these days and we’re keeping an eye out for the 12 players involved in crucial qualifying matches for the 2022 World Cup.
Thursday, September 2
– SergiÃ±o Dest played the first 64 minutes of the United States’ opener in the 8-team Concacaf qualifying finals in El Salvador. The game at Estadio CuscatlÃ¡n ended 0-0, and the next game for USMNT is a home game against Canada on Sunday. Nissan Stadium, Nashville is the venue.
– Ronald araujo did not take part in the Peru v Uruguay game which ended in a 1-1 draw, leaving Uruguay fourth in the table, behind Brazil, Argentina and Ecuador.
– Spain lost 2-1 to Sweden in Stockholm in tonight’s World Cup qualifiers, despite a very quick lead thanks to Carlos Soler. Alexander Isak equalized in one minute and Viktor Claesson scored a second for the Swedes at the start of the second half.
Jordi Alba and Eric Garcia played the full 90 minutes, and Sergio Busquets was on 84 of them. The next stop for Spain is a game against Georgia in Badajoz on Sunday.
– Barca’s trio in the Spain squad have all been named in the starting XI against Sweden.
– This Thursday Spain is in action with a big game against its direct rivals Sweden. Eric Garcia, Jordi Alba and Sergio Busquets are all in the squad for the 8:45 p.m. CEST kick-off in Stockholm.
Wednesday 1 September
– Memphis and Frenkie de Jong played all 90 minutes of the Netherlands 1-1 draw against Norway. Pjanic played the 90 minutes of the 1-1 draw between France and Bosnia with Lenglet an unused substitute for the French. Martin braithwaite did not participate in Denmark’s 2-0 against Scotland and Demir also missed Austria’s 1-0 away victory in Moldova.