LONDON, November 11, 2021 / PRNewswire / – MWC Barcelona, the world’s largest mobile technology event returns to Barcelona in 2022 under the theme Connectivity Unleashed. Building on the success of the 2021 edition, the GSMA today opened registrations for the event, which will take place from February 28 – March 3, 2022. During the four-day conference, attendees will hear about the future of connectivity from leaders in the mobile industry and beyond.
“This year I was incredibly proud that we were able to bring the industry together by Barcelona after so long separated. Building on the success of MWC21, I am delighted that we can start over, ”said the CEO of GSMA Ltd. John hoffmann. “At the 2022 edition of the MWC, we will provide a platform for the debates that define the company’s relationship with technology and, ultimately, we will be the place where business is done.”
“Connectivity Unleashed” will be explored through thematic areas, including:
- CloudNet – Networks continue to adapt to support service delivery, and today the cloud is seen as a key enabler of large-scale transformation as the marketplace needs to reach $ 75 billion by 2026.
- 5G connection – This theme will explore what the world of tomorrow will look like with 5G and the business models that shape its growth.
- Internet of everything – With 24 billion IoT connections planned by 2025, smart technology offers a new way to reimagine and transform physical spaces.
- FinTech – The mobile ecosystem is the heart of fintech as technology continues to reduce barriers and enable further disruption and innovation.
- Technological horizon – The Tech Horizon theme aims to explore how mobile is transforming our future with innovations that go beyond industry and have a purpose.
- Advancing AI – With top global investment 170 billion dollars by 2025, geopolitical lines are emerging on the use of data by AI and where collaboration is needed to develop new industrial innovations.
The intersection of connectivity, industry and innovation
The focus on connected industries and digital innovation will bring an exciting range of thought leaders and disruptors to our conferencing platforms. For example, in the wake of the announcement of their acquisition, the CEO of Weta Digital joins a growing list of senior speakers;
- Prem Akkaraju, CEO, Weta Digital
- Shuky sheffer, President and CEO, Amdocs
- Anne Chow, CEO, AT&T Business
- Dear Wang, President and Interim CEO, HTC
- Maurice ramos, CEO, Millicom
- Pekka Lundmark, President and CEO, Nokia
- Stephane Richard, Chairman and CEO of Orange
- José Maria Allvarez-Palete, Chairman and CEO, Telefonica
- Caroline casey, Founder & Creator, Valuable 500
- Nick read, CEO, Vodafone
Speakers will be joined by exhibitors from across the connectivity ecosystem including Cisco, Deutsche Telekom, Ericsson, Google, Huawei, Intel, Nokia, Orange, Qualcomm, Samsung Electronics, Telefonica, Vodafone and ZTE, among others. The GSMA welcomes new exhibitors, Fisker, Fujitsu and LG Uplus.
“MWC22 will showcase cutting-edge technology that pushes the boundaries of what is possible. Ignite conversations that fuel innovation, bringing together start-ups, corporations and governments to inspire and create a connected world that provides everyone. MWC21 was the start of a comeback for live events, and I can’t wait to be back Barcelona,” noted Granryd rugs, General Manager GSMA.
A window to the future
The GSMA start-up exhibition will once again be at the heart of the MWC in the Fira de Barcelona Gran Via. It will bring together more than 450 international start-ups and 500 investors to shape eight programs in sectors such as; Digital Health, Fintech, Frontier Tech, Sportstech, Impact, Investors, Communities and, Diversity and Inclusion. Delegations of Austria, Andorra, Chile, Egypt, Korea, Spain, Switzerland and the UK will showcase its solutions at the show with breakthrough startups from around the world.
“This year marks the 8th edition of the GSMA’s Key Innovation Platform at MWC Barcelona, 4YFN. », Said Pere Duran, director of 4YFN. “The combination of MWC and 4YFN recognizes the critical role startups play in realizing the potential of mobile technology. The innovation they offer will allow us to unleash new potential and ensure that we contribute to society and the planet in a way that we can be proud to pass on to future generations. “
As the MWC returns for another in-person event, health and safety remains the number one priority. To ensure all delegates have a safe and enjoyable MWC Barcelona 2022 experience, the GSMA has evolved its committed community health and safety plan. The plan reflects changing global circumstances, going beyond the measures required to ensure that MWC remains a safe environment to conduct its business.
Full details of the engaged community plan will be released shortly. The GSMA values the time, effort and resources it takes to attend an event like MWC and remains committed to communicating any changes or updates as the world moves forward with actions to manage Covid-19.
Registrations are now open for MWC Barcelona 2022, the industry’s most influential connectivity event. Click on here to ensure your presence.
About the GSMA
The GSMA is a global organization unifying the mobile ecosystem to discover, develop and deliver fundamental innovations for positive business environments and societal change. Our vision is to unleash the full power of connectivity so that people, industry and society thrive. Representing mobile operators and organizations in the mobile ecosystem and adjacent industries, the GSMA offers its members three main pillars: connectivity for good, industrial services and solutions, and awareness. This activity includes advancing policy, solving today’s biggest societal challenges, supporting the technology and interoperability that make work mobile, and providing the world’s largest platform. to bring together the mobile ecosystem during the MWC and M360 series of events.
We invite you to find out more about gsma.com.
GSMA Press Office