The summer transfer window was unlike any other; check out all the major offers and find out how we ranked the biggest signings. And just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue. Here are the latest gossip and speculation.
TOP STORY: Coman at Barca, Dembele at Juve?
A domino effect appears to be looming between two of Europe’s biggest clubs, with Barcelona chasing Bayern Munich Kingsley coman about to trigger Juventus to start their pursuit for Ousmane Dembele, according to Calciomercato.
The two French internationals have recently been linked with withdrawals from their current clubs, with Dembele being barred from Barca first-team activities as his contract talks stalled. And with reports that Xavi is set to become the new director of the Blaugrana, the Italian point of sale says it wants to make Coman its first signing.
The 25-year-old is seen as an ideal replacement for Dembele, who can start negotiating his next move with other clubs in January, with Juventus set to challenge Newcastle United for his signing if Coman swaps the Allianz Arena for Camp Nou .
– ESPN + Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Liverpool could target a striker in January in the form of Luka Jovic, Mundo Deportivo reporting that the 23-year-old striker is on the Premier League club’s radar. Jovic has been linked with a move away from Real Madrid throughout Carlo Ancelotti’s tenure as he continues to see his minutes on the pitch limited this season. And with clubs from across Europe monitoring the situation for a while, the race now appears to heat up further with Liverpool the latest club linked with his signing.
– JosÃ© Mourinho identified Nacho Fernandez as a potential signing in January with the 31-year-old center-back currently not in first-team plans at Real Madrid. This is according to El Nacional, who reveals that the Roma coach is ready to give him a leading role if he moves to the Estadio Olimpico. While Nacho has made nine appearances this season, only four games have come from his preferred center-back position.
– Sport write that Barcelona want to add more goals to their midfield and made Donny van de Beek a priority signature in the January transfer window. LaLiga club have followed the 24-year-old midfielder as he continues to be frustrated with playing time at Manchester United but it is reported that he will only be able to afford a loan due to the economic situation from Camp Nou.
– Paris Saint-Germain plans to move to Marcelo Brozovic, with Leonardo keen to acquire the Croatia international on a free transfer next summer, according to Le10Sport. Brozovic’s contract with Internazionale will expire at the end of the season, but it was recently reported that he will delay talks about a possible renewal. The 28-year-old has played 14 times for the Serie A club this season.
– Xavi simons It will take time to consider whether to sign new terms with Paris Saint-Germain, Fabrizio Romano revealing he is concerned about the difficulty of breaking into the Parc des Princes first team on the Here We Go podcast The 18-year-old midfielder has been linked with a return to Barcelona in recent times, but despite PSG’s willingness to tie him to extra time, his future could be destined elsewhere if he is not assured of playing in first team.